Hobby breeders dedicated
to the preservation of the
INTERESTED IN A LYONNESE PUPPY?
for our puppy questionnaire.
LYONNESE KENNELS STATEMENT OF BREEDING ETHICS
Our guiding principle focuses on preservation of Rhodesian Ridgeback breed type, as stated in our breed standard, with the dual objective of soundness in conformation, temperament, and health, per the following:
- Minimum: Final OFA screening of Hips and Elbows on all breeding stock over 2 years of age; OFA Prelims under 2 years of age.
- No females shall be bred under 2 years of age, regardless of screening, nor bred beyond 7 years of age.
- In addition, Lyonnese Kennels will pursue to achieve the following additional health screenings on all breeding stock, as possible: OFA/MSU Thyroid, OFA Cardiac, OFA CAER (eyes), DM and EOAD.
- Lyonnese Stud Dog contracts shall be initiated and honored for all breeding as follows: (a) the breeder is outside of Lyonnese Kennels, or (b) the breeder is within Lyonnese Kennels and does not co-own the stud dog.
- All Lyonnese puppies will be sold on contract, with an option of returning said dog throughout their lifetime. Should this occur, Lyonnese Kennels will support and assist in the rehoming of displaced dogs by utilizing all available resources, including rescue.
- Lyonnese Kennels will strive to produce dogs that excel in conformation, performance, and special training skills, never losing sight that many will be companion animals first.
- Lyonnese Kennels will endeavor to be a valued member of the Ridgeback community, and a committed advocate for our beloved breed.
UPCOMING LITTERS PLANNED
Contact us for more information.